Friday, September 4, 2009

Are you a regular here?

I am thrilled to see the blessings on the multiple generations of the Apostolic movement. Men and women who are 2nd, 3rd, etc., etc., etc... generations.
The trouble come when the consecutive generations become less dependant on God's mercy and great grace than the first generation converts that have come "out of darkness into His marvelous light".
I have said and do maintain that the greatest testimony is not someone, like myself, who has been rescued from gross sin... but rather someone who has been nurtured and brought up in the knowledge of the Truth ( Those that God has secured and protected).
Oh, What a testimony!
Those, consecutive generations who do not know nor have they plumbed the depths of sin and lived under the condemnation of this present world.
How many are like me who would, given the opportunity, go back and do it over again... only this time in the power of the pure Spirit of Christ.
Alas, I nor we who have been to those dark places can... so we move forward with the steadfast assurance the all thing work together for the GOOD. God's good, our good...
Paul had regrets read his writing, but there was no place for a backward glance, nothing could appeal to him nor persuade him to turn back. Paul had one thing on his mind "THE PRIZE", of the high calling.
My affection and my desire is to make heaven my home... Before you castigate a first generation convert, like me and others, because of the strict way we believe and adhere to this precious Word of God, remember this simple scripture:
Luke 12:48 For unto whomsoever much is given , of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.KJV
Rom 7:24
24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
ONLY JESUS! Oh, how I love him.
You may want to subscribe to Truthway Church's blogspot. Fill free to email questions to me directly. I will respond to them promptly.

We are "Absolutely Apostolic...Passionately Pentecostal!"

2 comments:

Sheri Merritt Boulet said...

Although we did not have a heritage in the church, I know that I DO have a heritage!!

Psalm 119:111-112 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes always, even unto the end.

These are my very favorite verses because they remind me I am His and He is mine. The Word is my testimony. I didn't have the history that some have, and some take for granted, but the history of my faith is written in the pages of His Word, never to be altered or changed.

Hasn't he been so much better to us than we deserve??

Pastor Merritt said...

You are right on the money...Oh what a heritage!
What a Savior.